Who says that there is no solution to keep mosquitoes away? Team Goodknight is always on their toes to keep you safe from these pesky pests. With the onset of monsoon, we surely have got some relief from the scorching temperatures but it has also brought with it the mosquito menace. Monsoon means the city going crazy with potholes which will store stagnant water and that will result in mosquitoes breeding only to multiply and give us what we call a nightmare – DISEASES!
Amidst the itchy bites and red bumps, we have some good news for you. You don’t have to suffer this way. You will be surprised to know that some items that are easily available in the market or even in the kitchen and save you from this threat. Here are some quick tricks to treat mosquito bites:
- Ice: Be it any kind of inflammation, cold temperature can soothe it instantly. Gently apply an ice pack on the affected area for 10-15 minutes and tada! No more rashes and bumps.
- Aloevera: The aloe plant is loaded with healing properties. The gel inside it’s leaves contains anti-inflammatory properties that will soothe your skin. Peel away the top layer of the leaf and scoop out the gel with a spoon. Apply it on the affected area and wash it off after sometime.
- Lemons: Ease the itch with lemons. It’s known for its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces swelling caused by the mosquito bites. All you need to do it slice a lemon and rub it on the affected area…this may burn a bit but it’s temporary. It only means that the healing process has started already.
- Baking soda and apple cider vinegar: When a bug bites, quickly mix a tea spoon of baking soda in water and apply it on the affected area. Baking soda is alkaline in nature, it will reduce the pH level in the affected area so that it does not swell. Wash it off after 20 minutes with warm water. Apple cider vinegar is less acidic in nature. Just dab a little on the affected area after washing off the baking soda to restore the natural pH levels.
- Onion & Garlic: We already know how strong the aroma of Onion & Garlic is and that’s what mosquitoes hate the most. Also, pungent elements help in soothing a rash or burn. Just apply minced garlic or onion on the affected area and wash it after sometime
These ingredients as you know are always available in your kitchen. However, we do understand that sometimes we don’t find time to check for these ingredients and till we find it, the affected area is swollen already. So here is a quick fix. Goodknight has a range of mosquito repellants that can help you keep the stinging monsters away:
- Goodknight Xpress System: A mosquito repellant machine that clears mosquitoes from the room within minutes after switching. It has the dual mode advantage – Normal mode when there are few mosquitoes & Xpress mode when there are many mosquitoes.
- Goodknight Cool Gel: It is a non-sticky cool gel with a pleasant fragrance that will soothe the mosquito bites and cure it from swelling further. It protects from all kind of mosquitoes for 8 hours and is absolutely safe for children and babies above 2 months.