A preschool child is like a race-ready driver raring to go! They have oodles of energy that is unleashed as soon as they attain school-going age. This is also the age when many children start becoming unruly and a bit destructive. By preparing ahead, you can channelize and shunt their vast reservoirs of energy and imagination into something creative.
Here are a few tips to aid you in your endeavor to help your child stay mentally (and physically) fit during a very charged and active time in their lives:
- Sketchbooks: These allow children to engage in their creative pursuits and are recommended for that very reason. Choose a sketchbook which has fewer connect-the-dot kind of activities to give the child more operational freedom while sketching. Lots of fun guaranteed.
- Fairy tales and storybooks: Fairy tales are an endless source of fascination for children. Publishers have realized this and come up with a bewildering variety (and not just the ones you remember from your childhood). They now have extremely interactive book designs to ensure hours of fun and fascination for children.
- Night sky LED lights: Children get easily spooked in the dark. Buy them a Night Sky LED set and see them clamor for the lights to be turned off! Not only is this a good way to allay your child’s fears, it is also a pivotal tool in getting them to understand and ask questions about the universe. It can be an efficient way to lull your children to sleep and to provide wonderment while doing so.
- Crayons: Crayons are a great way for children to express themselves. They don’t always require paper either. This means their art can find its way to your walls — not neatly framed, but in the form of scrawls and scribbles. So what? Graffiti is also an accepted art form! But to be safe, invest in crayons that produce washable colors.
- Board games: Ludo, Snakes and Ladders, Monopoly, Checkers, and Chess are games that everyone loves. Preschool children are at the right age to begin appreciating these board games and revel in the fun of playing them.
- Building blocks: Any form of building blocks (including the ever popular Lego) is guaranteed to enhance your child’s creativity, focus, and inventiveness. These are extremely pragmatic toys that aid in the cognitive development of the young.
These activities will ensure your child’s energy is channeled creatively; just make sure that your home environment is safe. The mosquito menace in countries like ours is real. These disease spreading pests can pose a serious threat to children. Products such as Goodknight Power Activ+ System can be placed in your child’s room or play area to keep them safe. Just plug in and switch on during the day or night.
Another option is to stick Goodknight Patches close to where your child plays to ensure a mosquito-free environment for up to eight hours. Both these products are absolutely safe for your child.
These precious wonder years in a kid’s life can be more fun with proper guidance and mentoring. Follow these tips to ensure your child grows into a well-rounded individual.