So me children, these days, don’t often go outdoors to play. They tend to stay at home glued to electronics – consoles, tablets, etc. So, a garden party invite is a good excuse to get them out of the house and outdoors. It’s an opportunity to interact with other children and adults. Whether you’re organizing one or taking your child to someone else’s, the change of scenery is a great idea. It helps your child make friends, explore a new environment and get some fresh air.
But the outdoors comes with its own set of hazards. Therefore, it is essential to make sure your child is fully protected before the function starts. Here are a few essential tips to follow before heading out:-
1. Proper clothing – Check the weather before heading out. For girls or boys, it is important to make sure your child is wearing the appropriate clothing while planning an outing. There’s always the danger of mosquito bites, sunburn or itchy/ thorny plants touching their bare skin. Always keep a jacket handy in case it gets chilly or the garden party runs late into the evening.
2. Protective gear – It is always a good idea to make sure your child has a cap or a hat on while playing outside. These days, it’s also easy to get stylish, but functional sunglasses for children as well. This is necessary to protect them from direct sunlight while they are playing in the open.
3. Good shoes – Good shoes are a must for kids. The ideal thing to do is get them a pair of sports shoes or sandals they are comfortable in and can run around with. It’s preferable to buy these well before the function so they can ‘break them in’; new sandals or shoes might cause them to get blisters or a shoe bite when used too much on day one.
4. Goodknight Fabric Roll-On -This is an absolute must for children who will be playing outside. Goodknight Fabric Roll-On is the perfect way to protect kids against mosquitoes. The solution lasts for about 8 hours after it is applied to your child’s clothes. Four dots are all you need to keep them safe and protected from those pesky little disease-carriers.
5. Sunscreen – There are special sunscreens in the market created especially for children. That is usually the best way to keep them protected outdoors. Long hours of playing in the sun can increase the possibility of sunburn. You might want to consult with your child’s doctor to make sure the sunscreen you want to use is safe.
6. Emergency bag – A bag that contains everything like tissues, a hand sanitizer, a small medical kit (with sunscreen), a bottle of water, change of clothes and other essentials should be with you on this trip. You might be out at a garden party where everything’s available, but it’s always better to be safe and have these things with you. And with a lot of kids around, the more supplies you have, the better it is.
With this list, you’re now ready to take on the world of garden parties with your child. The important thing is to make sure they are safe and protected while having the time of their lives.