Choosing clothes for your baby is a more complicated process than you might think. You must keep several things in mind when shopping for baby clothes since the right clothes are important for their health and overall well-being.
1. Size: Babies outgrow their clothes faster than we can buy them. Tight fits should be avoided at all cost as they are not only uncomfortable but can also stunt the growth of your baby if worn for extended periods. Consider buying clothes that are one size bigger. They will last longer, and it will be easier to take them off during nappy or diaper changes.
2. Price: Since your baby will be growing through clothes pretty quickly, frequent shopping for clothes could burn a hole in your pocket. However, there are certain ways to mitigate that cost. You can buy clothes that are two sizes bigger. You can also buy clothes in their off-season and use them when the time arrives, or buy clothes in bulk at a sale. Your baby will eventually grow into them, so it’s never going to go waste.
3. Safety: Your baby’s safety is very important, and the wrong clothes can be dangerous. If possible, opt for clothes with Velcro straps instead of buttons to prevent the baby from getting hurt on a button. It will also make it easier to dress and undress your baby. It is also advisable to stay away from fancy clothes with beads and other small pieces that can fall off or end up in your young one’s mouth.
4. Fabric and style: Only pick garments that are easy to put on and take off. When dressing your baby, know that the quicker you can get it done, the better it is for you and your little one. Garments that are a bit stretchable are preferable. You will also need to change the baby’s diaper more than a few times. So, buy clothes that allow easy access to the diaper and aren’t too inconvenient to take off. While you may be tempted to get your baby that cute pair of jeans, it won’t be easy getting them off when there is a soiled diaper inside.
5. Extra care: A garment’s ultimate purpose is to protect against harmful external elements. So consider buying full-length clothes that are light in colour. These will help protect your baby against the harmful UV rays of the sun. Cotton clothes are gentle on the skin and allow ventilation, which is very important for the skin. You will also want to use Goodknight Fabric Roll-Onon clothes to keep mosquitoes away at night, to ensure a peaceful sleep.
These are some things to keep in mind when buying clothes for your youngster. Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments below!