Though mosquitoes are small and tiny insects, they can cause several dangerous and fatal diseases like Malaria, Dengue, Chikungunya, Yellow Fever. While controlling mosquitoes outside is the best way to address the cause, you sometimes need to get rid of mosquitoes indoors. Controlling mosquitoes indoors can be a little more tricky because you have to use harsh chemicals or mosquito repellents in an indoor environment.
To help control the indoor environment for you and your family, we have come up with a list the best ways to get rid of mosquitoes indoors –
- Fix your screens and doors of the house – Many bug and insect issues can be solved through patching gaps in your window screens and doors.
- Use electric mosquito repellents – Keeping mosquitoes away from your body is the best way to avoid getting bitten. Use Goodknight electric mosquito repellents, when you are inside the house especially during the day such as the Goodknight Gold Flash System. This is the best way to kill mosquitoes.
- Use Ultrasonic Bug Repeller – Ultrasonic repellers have been around for a while, but manufacturers are making them smaller, more attractive, and more affordable today. While it is difficult to prove, the ultrasonic devices are said to emote a radio frequency that makes it very unpleasant for pests like mosquitoes, bugs, and insects. The frequency is not picked up by humans or most pets, so you should not be affected by it.
Tips to get rid of mosquitoes outdoors –
Here comes the tricky part. Controlling mosquitoes outdoors is an arduous task. If not correctly executed can result in fatal diseases. Apart from the measures listed above, few more tips need to be followed to stay safe from the deadly tiny insects.
- Wear loose clothing when going outdoors – Long-sleeved shirts and long pants will ensure you stay protected from the mosquitoes. Covering your skin is a crucial approach to defending against mosquitoes.
- Use citronella products to repel them – Mosquitoes don’t like to go near citronella oil. The drops of citronella oil can be applied on to your body to stay protected against mosquitoes. The citronella oil will help you get rid of mosquitoes. The easiest way would be to apply just 4 dots of the Goodknight Fabric Roll-On on your clothes. This one’s 100% natural and made up of citronella and eucalyptus oils and thus helps to repel mosquitoes.
- Reduce mosquito breeding sites (standing water) around your home. Mosquitoes breed in water that has been holding for seven days or longer.
Now that you know the dos and don’ts, make sure to stay protected from the disease-causing mosquitoes.